WEL-COME TO: BASINGSTOKE NEPALESE COMMUNITY
Basingstoke Nepalese Community (BNC)
Is a fairly young community which was established in the early part of 2006. Since its inception, the numbers of settlers have grown rapidly and we have more than two hundred Nepalese families currently living together in the community. BNC is proud to state that it is indeed a community for all Nepalese regardless of their ethnicity and tribal and social background.
is a very nice place to live in and is proud to state that it has good schools,
excellent NHS and surgeries as well as huge shopping centres and beautiful
However, BNC also acknowledges the fact that there is a need for certain things in the community that helps us to bind together as a close and healthy community so that we can look after ourselves through good and bad times.
Aims and Objectives
The community's aims and objectives are:
1. To promote better understanding amongst the Nepalese residents living
within Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.
2. To promote better understanding between the Nepalese community and the
other communities within Borough.
3. To encourage social contacts amongst Nepalese residents within Borough as
well as with other communities through social, religious, cultural and
4. To establish a link and to be an expert voice of land for Nepalese
residents of Basingstoke by lobbying, campaigning and through consultation
and partnership with any appropriate body both locally and nationally.
5. To support the development and wellbeing of youths in the community
through various programmes and initiatives.
6. To provide welfare and social needs to our community members refraining
from political and commercial activities.
Organises variety of events based on the:
1. Cultural beliefs like- Bhazans & Teej.
2. Appreciation of nature like- Summer & Winter Party.
3. Encouraging the youth like- Cultural Fashion Show.
4. Regular meetings for improving the BNC community.
5. And other various events for uniting the BNC community.